Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ramps-'n-a-Biscuit

I got ramps galore, and I been cravin' me some biscuits. Solution: RAMP BISCUITS. Because, why not?


The base recipe is courtesy of Ms. Paula Deen, and then I just chopped up a bunch of ramps and sauteed them up in some butter before incorporating them into the dough. A clever little dusting of crushed coriander seeds was a nice idea from the folks at Bon Appetit.

I also made a lovely, simple and spicy carrot ginger soup garnished with some ramp greens.
 

Then I wanted dessert, so I pulled out my fig jam and planned to consume it slathered on another biscuit, because, again, why not? That seemed like a good idea until...


If Josie or Martha sees that I ate this, they might get mad...

but the good part tasted so good. Thriftiness requires a sense of adventure, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment