Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Last Winter Supper

This was one of the best suppers I ever made for Josiah, so as a last hurrah, farewell-winter kind of ceremony, he and I made it again and reveled in the leftovers for two nights in a row. The recipes for both the skirt steak with paprika butter and the sunchoke and farro winter hash are from the oh-so-delectable Food and Wine magazine. Find the recipes here!

And note how similarly gorgeous our picture (above) is compared to theirs. That made me feel satisfied. If you're a vegetarian or don't want to bother with steak, the hash is insanely good on its own.

Note that I used duck fat to sautee everything up, though. Vegetarians are seriously missing out.

For dessert, Nigella Lawson's Choco-Hoto Pots...


And now if I could only figure out what to do with all this leftover kale. Something like triplification happened when I untied the twine holding the bunch together...

No comments:

Post a Comment