Wednesday, May 19, 2010

If You Have Cream, and You Have Celery...


Shouldn't you be able to make cream of celery soup?? I figured, why not? Plus I was dead broke and had almost nothing else on hand.

I poked around the internet for about 30 seconds before deciding that lightly sweating about eight stalks of celery that I had left over along with some random old scallions (sort of like onions) and a bit of even more random carrot juice (kind of sort of like diced carrots, the third ingredient in a classic mirepoix) ought to be a good start before dumping in a bunch of homemade vegetable stock and a splash of cream while the whole thing whizzed in the blender.


There she is, the end result. All oddly yellow (damn carrot juice) and tasting queerly, a bit overwhelmingly, tangy-green celery-y. Next time, I shall consult a real recipe for this one. Something like the one listed in this tasty article in the LA Times.

Oh well. It cost me nothing, and the leftover pizza dough baked in my toaster oven and slathered with some Stilton was a nice and cheap accompaniment.

No comments:

Post a Comment