Thursday, May 6, 2010

Creamed Spinach Heart Attack

The other night I bought spinach for Josiah's morning smoothies, not realizing that he had also bought a boatload of the greens earlier in the day. What to do with an excess of about-to-wilt greens?

Make creamed spinach! Whew, was this a delicious heart attack about to happen. First I made a roux with butter and flour, then I sort of randomly threw in a bunch of chopped ramps and a few splashes of heavy cream that I had on hand to make ricotta... after it bubbled around for a few minutes, in went handful after handful of spinach.

To really get my cholesterol going, I supplemented my meal with french fries. And steak.

This meal was delicious. It really was. I just couldn't eat more than eight bites of it before feeling like my breath and heartbeats were restricted. So I had some Ramazzotti and digestivo'ed my way to the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment