Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer Soup Mayhem

Looook at all this fresh produce from the farmer's market in McCarren Park! I used it all to make three fat batches of soup so that I didn't have to cook for, like, a whole week. I also sucked up to my boss whose wife is about to have a baby by giving him loads of soup to freeze and have on hand for post-baby-having. He didn't take the soups home and freeze them for many days, so I now absolve myself of any food poisoning responsibility.


The best soup: Corn chowder! Favorite soup of summer ever. Sauteed up some onion, red pepper and potato in bacon fat, then dumped some Wondra in to form a nice roux-y thing before adding a bit of homemade stock and milk... and then 6 ears of fresh sweet corn! Havavaaaaa.

Other soups included zucchini basil with parmesan, plus heirloom tomato and roasted red pepper, yummedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment