Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dessert on the Brain

I have not been able to stop thinking about delicious dessert creations. Daily, I dream of amazing new sweets that I could invent. This is strange, since I am not really much of a dessert maker, have an almost negligible sweet tooth (I'd prefer cheese or extra servings of pasta to cookies or candy any day), and cannot stand the precision required by baking. Still, it started on the train the other day, when a hankering for green tea cake with ginger frosting came to mind. Never have I come across green tea cake, and I have no idea why it is not on menus and in cupcake shops everywhere! It should be delicious. Why does it not exist in my life? [Note: a quick Google search revealed hundreds of green tea cake recipes, so why I've never had it I have no idea.]

This morning, while recovering from a hangover in bed, I imagined a bowl of iced tea ice cream with candied lemon zest on it! Again, why does this not exist in my life? Here is a list of desserts that should grace my plate but have not... YET...

1) Green tea cupcakes with ginger-buttercream frosting and candied ginger sprinkles.
2) Iced tea ice cream with candied lemon zest
3) Peach "carpaccio" (thinly sliced peach crescents lining a plate) with vanilla ice cream, dried pineapple curls and brown sugar syrup drizzle
4) Chocolate malt ice cream with bits of mashed bananas and peanuts in it, frozen into a bar and painted with peanut butter, then dipped in dark chocolate
5) Marshmallow fluff "napoleon" with layers of fluffy sponge cake, raspberry pie filling and marshmallow fluff
6) Chocolate pudding pie with pretzel crust (instead of traditional graham cracker crust) and brown sugar whipped cream
7) More to come...

2 comments:

  1. These sound amazing and so original and not too sweet! The green tea cake I've had a version of though- amazing green tea crepe cake at a Gyu Kaku. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iced tea ice cream - check for the summer time

    let's definitely try the green tea cupcakes soon.

    ReplyDelete