Friday, February 18, 2011

Twitter Stew


That is what I shall always call this meal: Twitter Stew. I am just learning about Twitter. It is somewhat scary. I have to face that, despite my job as a writer and my Communication degree, I am falling into a generational divide, slightly unable to keep up with internet trends, and I'm just 27 years old. JUST. To the tiny twittering tweens, that's OLD.

Back to the point: I found this recipe on Twitter from @amandahesser, who for some reason or another was posting recipes involving citrus and olives. It was cold and rainy (and continues to be) here in my new home of SF, so a lamb stew with pre-cut butternut squash that I had sitting in my fridge, along with those ingredients, sounded spot-on perfect.

The whole delicious thing took 10 minutes to prepare, then cooked for 30 more, and I'd barely finished catching up with my friend Janelle, who was over for dinner, before dinner was ready. Then, we paired it with an awesome little find from Bi-Rite's frankly very impressive wine selection: 2008 Musar Jeune--a fresh, unoaked red from the culty Chateau Musar made of Cab, Cinsault and Carignan grown on limestone soils. Hearts and stars, and all that.

We don't really have furniture in our new home, just flowery plates and rugs borrowed from the 'rents, so there we are on the floor. See? Moving is fun! SEE??!

----

Note: This MAY soon appear on a new and exciting blog called SameBrightStar Cooks! If my East Coast partner in crime gets on it and cooks this sucker up on Sunday. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment