Friday, February 25, 2011

Perfecting Parsley Pesto Pasta


I adore alliteration, even if I'm told to use less of it in my writing. I can do what I want here! So it is: Perfecting Parsley Pesto Pasta.

Saveur is having a big home cook contest for the best pasta recipe, and I really, really want that Sur La Table gift certificate!! I will show you all the neat things I get if I win.

The contest runs through the month of March, so I was looking to do something seasonal and simple but also stunning (s, s, s, s). The solution is parsley pesto, because there's always entirely too much parsley in one bunch for anything other than pummeling that stuff into submission (and pesto).

Here was a first go, paired with spaghetti and asparagus, because that's in season in March, too... at least in my part of the world. If not yours, hopefully you'll see the light of day--I mean, spring--soon.


I also got to use my new mortar and pestle to pestle-ize the pesto, which was positively thrilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment