Saturday, December 18, 2010

Countdown to Goodbye Bowls

 
The most important part of this picture is not the succulent, luscious free-range chicken thigh nor the saffron-suffused orzo, nor the gorgeous golden sweet potatoes floating in a rich broth of home-canned tomatoes and turkey stock and Moroccan spices.

No. The most important part of this picture is the pale blue bowl that you will not be seeing for much longer, because the somm and I and little Dook Napo pup are leaving NYC in just four weeks. And we will be selling all of our things, including this small set of loveliest bowls that I picked up off the street corner in Soho one day, shortly after spotting the largest pile of feces I've ever beheld. Fond memories, indeed, of these bowls.

So enjoy looking at them for as long as you can, and completely ignoring the insanely delectable tagine--one of the best meals we've ever made in our humble abode--that the somm crafted for me while I worked 13 hours last week.

New York working world: I will not miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment