Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Potes are Burning

There are 15 minutes left in the very intense Spain v. Paraguay World Cup match. I am sweating and preoccupied and antsy for Spain to score already.

For a few minutes around the time of the two penalty kicks, I thought, "What is that lovely smell! Which neighbor is cooking something delicious right now? How nice!"

Then after I stopped sweating so desperately, I thought, "Hmm, my neighbor is letting something burn."

"Wow, it's really burning..."

Then it got really potent, and I thought, "Did I not put a pot of pretty little red new potatoes on the stove on extra-high heat to salt-boil about an hour ago?"


What a shame.

3 comments:

  1. Uh oh, are these coming over to my house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is salvageable!! Those stupid black bottoms just got lopped off, and then everything was sincerely delicious! Except for the pot... which is still soaking...

    ReplyDelete